Tuesday, May 08, 2007

"I ain't no whoremonger"


"so come and see me whenever you want. I ain't coming on to you, I just feel we have a connection."

As opening lines go it takes some beating.

He's a good ol' dude, and clearly has lost many years to rock & roll. Saturday night he tells me about his experiences with astral projection and the signficance of numbers.

"Did ya ever wake up in the middle of the night and it was 4.44? Did ya? I have, several times and it makes you wonder, it really does. Or the other day, it was the fifth hour of the fifth day of the fifth month. Something special there."

People want to make meaning of their lives, it's both sad and wonderful to see them reaching out for such small building blocks.

He's writing his memoires, or rather rambing them. He needs someone to write them down for him. I regretfully tell him that I'm fully booked this summer, but my husband might have some time free. He is disgusted to hear I have a husband. "Now you've broken my heart, ain't no fool like an old fool."

amen to that, brother.

4 comments:

ian said...

So what, you met Jack Chick?

Queenie said...

You should definitely hook him up with your husband - the memoirs would be an explosive new addition to the CanLit genre. And then you could retire to the Bahamas on the proceeds

Ammonite said...

Well, it's hard to do an image search for 'whoremonger' and find something that doesn't involve a lot of pink.

mylescorcoran said...

You've still got, baby.